Futuremedia Fest 2010
Georgia Tech FutureMedia explores new paradigms in how content is created, distributed, and consumed.
On October 4–7, 2010 Georgia Tech hosted FutureMedia Fest 2010- an interactive mash-up of talent, ideas, trends and technology. Attendees heard directly from top industry execs, talked with investors, and met interactive marketing experts. They networked with potential partners and experimented real-time with open innovation.
A convergence of industry leaders, academics, entrepreneurs and venture capitalists inspired and challenged attendees in a highly immersive program that included:
- Provocative discussions exploring the impact of next generation digital, social, mobile media and the internet on education, health, enterprise and government.
- Panel discussions spanning how Content will be created, distributed and consumed: augmented reality, music technology, social media for collective intelligence, the future of advertising and media, storytelling, cloud computing, xTV/video, gaming, immersive worlds, healthcare media.
- Birds of a Feather sessions exploring disruptive business models, e-democracy, open innovation, computational journalism, advanced wireless technology, VC jam sessions, and real-time topics formed from your suggestions.
- A gaming lounge offering a hands-on preview of next generation technology.
- Live music technology demonstrations, discussions and concerts.
- Tailored special interest lab tours of Georgia Tech’s vast and in-depth areas of expertise.
- Annual Convergence Innovation Competition
- Demos from dynamic startup companies, industry leaders and student entrepreneurs.
- Fun, nightly networking events.
About the Georgia Institute of Technology
Consistently ranked in the top ten in the world for technology universities, Georgia Tech is the home of FutureMedia—a global open innovation collaborative initiative focused on discovering, creating, commercializing and shaping the future of media. With over 19 centers, 37 living labs and nearly 500 faculty working in this space, Georgia Tech is a leader in discovering what is next.
Connecting universities, students, industry leaders, entrepreneurs and venture capitalists to create synergy, new perspectives and previously unimagined success stories is the 24/7 goal of FutureMedia. FutureMedia Fest is an annual event that brings visionaries together physically and virtually to innovate. A highlight of the event will be the announcement of the FutureMedia Trends Outlook. More than 500 people are expected to attend. FutureMedia technology will enable participants from around the globe to engage via virtual experiences, and press involvement will amplify the event well beyond October.